Road East Church in Boden St. was built for the Free Church and joined
the Church of Scotland in 1929. It was terminated by dissolution in
1941 and shortly afterwards the building was made available to St
Francis-in-the-East for use as a Church House.
Since 1942, Church House in Boden Street, attached to St.
Francis-in-the-east Church of Scotland has been reaching out to
children and young people of the Inner East End of Glasgow, some from
difficult backgrounds, helping them to find fullness of life,
physically, mentally, spiritually, emotionally and interpersonally in,
at the time, one of the most deprived areas in Western Europe. It is
probably the longest established facility of its kind in
Church House, St. Francis-in-the-East, 6 Boden Street, Bridgeton.